I can’t believe Bennett is 8-weeks-old already! Time is flying. Anyhow, there are a lot of products that I’ve found particularly useful during the past several weeks and I just wanted to share. Feel free to chime in with any opinions on products you’ve found useful or overrated!
- Wubbanub: Bennett loves his Wubbanub! It’s so sweet when he cuddles his little puppy, McKenzie named him “Patches.” It’s also easier to find when he’s lost it in his car seat or something, since the Soothie pacifiers don’t have clips. I’m all for anything that makes my life easier. The only downside is that I think it’s overpriced. But there are lots of cute options from pink elephants, to dragons or dinosaurs! And it’s machine washable, so that’s a plus. I think it’ll be even more useful as he gets older.
- Rock n’ Play: Bennett has acid reflux and I really think the Rock n Play helps, it keeps him sleeping at an incline. I use it as a bassinet next to our bed, and it’s also super-easy to drag from room to room and take for overnight trips. LOVE it.
- Video Baby Monitor: A lot of them look awesome, but I got this one off Groupon for $99 and I can’t even explain how comforting it is to be able to actually see him. I can tell if he’s just being wiggly, lost his pacifier, or if he truly needs something—so there’s no need to risk checking on him & waking him up. The night vision is awesome, too! We only had the audio one with McKenzie, I can’t believe all the changes in baby products in just 5 years!
- Electronic Nasal Aspirator: This is amazing. The little blue bulbs are gross & you can’t really clean them, whereas this is easy to clean and very effective! It’s well worth the money (only $25-ish) and it’ll last for years. He hates it, but it works great.
- Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddlers: I use these for everything…in the car seat, as a nursing cover, as a burp rag. Yeah. They’re awesome and super useful.
- Swaddle Pod & Swaddle Me Swaddlers: I don’t know why, but the Swaddle Pod calms him down right away…and it stops him from scratching his face, which is a plus. And the swaddlers are a must for sleeping at night! He can’t startle himself when he’s wrapped tightly. Sometimes if he’s cranky I just put him in his swaddler and he calms down instantly. If his little Houdini hands get out, I put him in both: Swaddle Pod first, then swaddle him with the swaddler.
- Nursing Tanks: I have 3 of these nursing tanks (2 white, one black). Even though I’m an exclusive pumper, it’s nice to be able to whip ’em out quickly. Ya know? Heh, heh. But these are the most reasonable ones I’ve found and they’re comfy. My only complaint is that they seem to get loose at the bottom after a few wears…they’re best right out of the dryer. If I knew how to use my sewing machine I might take it in an inch on the sides. Ha!
- iBaby App: This is on the Android market (Google Play), and it’s awesome. I use it to track feedings, pump sessions, poops, and more. It’s so handy!
- Relax Melodies App: This white-noise app says it’s for meditation and yoga, but it works wonders if we’re in public and he’s cranky! I just tuck my phone in his car seat and it works just like a Sleep Sheep. I think the phone can still ring when it’s on, though, so be careful if you’re expecting a call or it might be counterproductive!
What are/were your must-haves as a new Momma or Daddy??