Easy recipes are my favorite. Since I’m currently managing our household by myself, I definitely need “easy.” Especially with the new baby & all. Anyhow, for any other new mommas, or anyone else who appreciates easy recipes, here is my go-to easy-peasy quiche recipe. It takes less than an hour to make (most of which is baking), and you can put whatever you want in it. I made it yesterday and McKenzie literally ate HALF of it—and she is the pickiest eater ever.
QUICK N’ EASY QUICHE RECIPE
Prep Time 10-15min | Bake Time 50min
- Frozen deep-dish 9″ pie shell ((Obviously you can make your own crust if you feel inclined, but this is my “easy” recipe.))
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk—and you can substitute milk for cream if you don’t have any cream around the house.
- 1 cup cheese of your choice
- Ingredients of your choice! Excellent compliments are: zucchini, broccoli, bacon, mushrooms, onions, garlic, potatoes, peppers, sausage, shrimp, etc. Whatever you want! ((*If you use a LOT of ingredients, omit 1 egg.))
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in cream, milk, cheese
- Sauté any ingredients that need cooking. For example, if you’re using mushrooms or other water-retaining veggies, be sure to sauté all the moisture out or the quiche will turn soggy as it bakes! And be sure to brown any meat and drain the grease, or that could be gross….
- Add ingredients to the egg/cream/milk/cheese mixture, whisk well, and pour into 9″ pie shell
- Bake at 350℉ for 50 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!