Happy Birthday to my Loverface & a Life Update

Happy birthday to my hubbster! Jon turned the big 2-9 today. Goodness, he’s gettin’ old. ;) I always feel bad because he has all his “big days” in mid-June: Father’s Day, our anniversary, and his birthday within a 1-week span. He gets seriously screwed in the gift department (sorry babe!). And, yet again, we’re spending another big day apart. Thanks Army. I suppose I’d better get used to it. Although, Jon could really care less about birthdays. He never has. Can’t you tell from this picture? I don’t think he looks a day over 23. =)

So this last week was McKenzie’s first week of Summer & I’ve been trying to keep us busy. On Monday, Nina (grandma) came for a visit. Tuesday she had swimming. Wednesday we saw a $2 movie. Thursday she had a play date. And Friday it was super rainy, so we went and saw “Monster’s University.” But first we stopped at the grocery store and bought some reasonably-priced candy to sneak in! I got Twizzlers & she chose York Peppermint Patties. Yum. Anyway, the movie was hilarious (and adorable)! I think I enjoyed it more than McKenzie—it had me laughing out loud during some parts, that’s for sure. And the movie theater was almost completely full, so it was really fun to hear all the little kids giggle throughout the movie! Gotta love that.

Anyway, in the “update” world, I had to go to the hospital again yesterday night. I started having regular contractions around 3 minutes apart for 2 hours straight, so they suggested I come in to Labor & Delivery Triage. Fortunately, we were already at a friend’s house for a play date, so McKenzie went to sleep while my friend (who happens to be a family medicine doctor) drove me to the hospital. With ICP, pre-term labor can be a symptom and I was especially nervous. The contractions were picking up on the monitor and were increasingly painful & long, but my cervix was still closed and nothing changed. The contractions randomly stopped around 1am. I’m certain I wasn’t dehydrated either this time—I have no idea what was going on! But Baby Boy’s heart rate looked great on the monitor, so they sent me home. McKenzie and I didn’t get back to our house until around 3am, so we slept in until 10:15 am today. It was glorious.

In other pregnancy news, the Plasmapheresis REALLY helped me with the ICP itching! I am SO glad! Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect—I still itch here & there, and sometimes a light tickle can set me off—but it’s MUCH better. I don’t feel like I’m going crazy anymore. And I have my 2nd “plasma-infusion” tomorrow, so hopefully I’ll have even more relief. I am also having more labs done, so I’d really like to see my Bile Acid levels out of the “severe” range. That would be awesome! We shall see. I have 3 other doctor’s appointments before Wednesday as well, so I’m going to be a busy girl. This high-risk pregnancy business is like a full-time job! I have a busy week ahead of me. But I’m excited for my 28 week growth scan ultrasound on Tuesday. I really do love seeing him on that screen and feeling reassured about how well he’s growing. I’m officially 28 weeks (7 months) today, so that’s 100% “viability,” with a 95% preemie survival rate. It feels like a milestone! Although, he definitely needs to stay in and cook longer. =)

ANYHOW, I’ll end with this gem. About a week ago we got to observe another Parent’s Day @ Ballet. Unfortunately, there’s no ballet in the summer at the YMCA. But she was so darn cute. And again she had that silly little tongue out! Goofy girl. She makes me melt.


Angie @Pint of Goals - June 24, 2013 - 2:08 pm

I’m glad it ended up being somewhat of a false call. It must’ve been so confirming to hear his heart beat remain steady.
Yah for viability! Hopefully Baby Boy does stay in there and gain some weight :)